Television and Radio Broadcast
Online Publications and Blogs
- "A Generation of Black Youth Is Losing Its Future in the Jobs Crisis" ColorLines Magazine, November 18, 2010
- “Savings Pushed by IDAs.” Madison County Herald. June 24, 2010.
- “Basic Needs Too Costly for Many.” Clarion Ledger. June 17, 2010.
- “Report: Lee County Families Struggle More Than Estimated.” Northeast Mississippi Daily
Journal. June 13, 2010.
- “Report Finds Struggling Households in Hinds County.” Jackson
Free Press. June 10, 2010.
- “How to Succeed in Life.” The Oxford Eagle. June 9, 2010.
- “Report: Nearly 1 in 3 Miss. Households Struggling.” Associated
Press. June 9, 2010.
- “Report: Nearly 1 in 3 Miss. Households Struggling.” Connecticut Post.
June 9, 2010.
- “Report: Nearly 1 in 3 Miss. Households Struggling.” Laurel-Leader
Call. June 9, 2010.
- “Across the USA: News from Every State.” USA Today. June 9, 2010.
- “New Report Lists What Families Need to Make Ends Meet.” WBLT 3. June 9, 2010.
- “County Poverty Rate is Higher than State Average.”
Starkville Daily News. February 28, 2010.
- Insight Center cited in Executive Order by Delaware governor. December
- A Consumer Financial Protection Agency , or Jiminy Cricket? Meizhu Lui, Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative Director. Huffington Post.
December 2, 2009.
- "The Wealth Gap Gets Wider." Meizhu Lui, Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative Director, Op-Ed, Washington Post, March 23, 2009,
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, March 29, 2009.
- "Point the Way to Opportunity: Break Down the Barriers of Discrimination." Meizhu Lui,
Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative Director, Op-Ed, San Francisco Chronicle, March 16, 2009
- "Almost Half of California Seniors Struggle to Survive." San Jose Mercury News. February 24, 2009.
- "Ex-senior Center Manager Understands the Crisis." San Francisco Chronicle. February 24, 2009.
- "Seniors Find Bay Area 'Too Costly'". Contra Costa
Times. February 24, 2009.
- "Rents Continue to Climb." The Examiner. November 10, 2008
- "2 out of 3 struggline to survive in capital of glitz, glamour." Daily News. June 19, 2008.
- "Low-Income Seniors Find Publc Help Hard to Get." Los Angeles Daily News. March 9, 2008.
- "The Priciest County." San Mateo Times. March 3, 2008.
- "Critics say Poverty Rate no Longer Reflects Reality." San Diego Union Tribune. March 2, 2008.
- "Annual Cost of Living for Yolo County Seniors." Woodland Daily Democrat. February 27, 2008.
- "Helping Seniors Cope with High Cost of Living." Marin Independent Journal and marinij.com. February 27, 2008.
- "Elderly Face Financial Challenges." Santa Monica Daily Press. February 27, 2008.
- "The Value of Minority Businesses." Inside Supply Management. January, 2008.
- "State Lags in Affirmative Action." Daily Breeze. December 12, 2007.
- "Sectoral Employment: Meeting the Needs of Workers and Industries." Mott Mosaic. December, 2007.
- "Health Industry Jobs Help Build Healthy Economy." Race, Poverty, & the Environment. Spring, 2007.
- "The Business of Color: Strengthening the Regional Economy." Focus Magazine. March/April. 2007.
- "Report Examines Farmworkers Impact on State Economy." Statesmen Journal. May 19, 2006.
Television and Radio Broadcast
- "No Golden Age for Many in the Golden State." The California Report. September 8, 2009.
- Brentt Brown, Program Manager, on KPFA's Education Today. August 14, 2009.
- Meizhu Lui, Director of Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative, on CNN. March 24, 2009.
- Meizhu Lui, Director of Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative, on C-SPAN, March 23, 2009.
- Barbara Robles, Expert of Color, on NPR: Tell Me More, "Income Gap Between Whites, Blacks Continues to Grow." March 23, 2009.
- Meizhu Lui, Director, Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative, on CBS, Wealth of the Nation, March 31, 2009.
- Meizhu Lui, Director, Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative, on Takeaway, "Equal pay for equal work: How to close the racial wealth gap." March 24, 2009.
- "Struggling to make it in Silicon Valley." ABC7 news report. November 28, 2008. Jenny Chung Mejia, Attorney/Program
Manager, delivers statement on in support of updating the Federal Poverty Guidelines at a press conference sponsored by Los Angeles Councilmember Richard Alarcón
- Meizhu Lui, Director, Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative, interviewed by WBAI's Mimi Rosenberg and Ken Nash of
Building Bridges: Your Community and Labor Report on the economic and political reality facing working people and people of color and what that means for a possible
Obama presidency. August 25, 2008.
- "Cost Of Living Increase Having Impact On San Diego Seniors." Streaming Video to right of article. Channel 10 News Report. February 29, 2008.
- Politically Speaking, NBC San Diego, Streaming Video. February 29, 2008.
- "Struggling Seniors in California Shortchanged by FPL," KQED,
February 27, 2008.
- "South Bay Sunday". KBAY radio host Sam Van Zandt interviews Jenny Chung Mejia. Audio. May 18, 2008.
- "Aging in LA."
- Coming Soon. Paul Peterson of cable TV channel 35's "LA Cityview" program, interviews Susie Smith, Director of Californians for Economic Security, and Dr. Steven Wallace, Professor at UCLA's School of Public Health, on the release of the
Elder Economic Self-Sufficiency Standard.
- Meizhu Lui, Director, Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative, speaks with Tenia Rubio of KPFA about whether the proposed economic stimulus package will help bridge the economic disparity between whites and people of color. December 31, 2007.
Online Publications and Blogs
- Poor Communities as Well as Environment Can Benefit Frm Money for Green Jobs. The Bureau of National Affairs.
November 15, 2009.
- Early childhood education is economic issue. www.southcoasttoday.com. November 14, 2009.
- Quality early education: Good for kids and the economy. Reuters.com. The Great Debate Blog. November 12, 2009.
- Opinion: Valley CEOs see education, health care reform as key to prosperity. President,
Roger Clay, Jr. on Silicon Valley Leadership Group panel interviewed by The Mercury News. October 10, 2009.
- "Aging in the Inland Empire: Redefining Poverty & the ‘New' Poor." New America Media. September 9, 2009.
- "An Equal Opportunity Recession?" Expert of Color, Jim Carr's of NCRC, front page op-ed, Reuters. March 15, 2009.
- "What Difference Does Wealth Make." Dr. Kilolo Kijakazi of the Ford Foundation,
Expert of Color, Jose Garcia, Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative's Program Manager Ludovic Blain on Grit TV. March 17, 2009.
- "Use the Race Lens to scrutinize financial products." Expert of Color, Jose Garcia of Demos on the Huffington Post. March 18. 2009.
- "How to Close America's Racial Wealth Gap and Reinvigorate the U.S. Economy." Experts of Color James Carr and Lisa Hasegawa on Spotlight
- "The Color of Wealth." Jack & Jill Politics. March 24, 2009.
- "White-Black Wealth Gap Grows." BET.comnews. March 23, 2009.
- "Berkeley's High Poverty Rate Worries Residents." The Daily Californian Online. November 18, 2008.
- "The High Cost of Making It In Marin." Marin Independent Journal. September 29, 2008.
- "More Elderly Residents Facing Threat of Poverty." The Daily Californian Online. September 9, 2008.
- "Minority Businesses get Little State Work." Delawareonline. July 22, 2008.
- "New Economic Indicator Reflects Seniors' Financial Reality." Senior-Spectrum.com. March 10, 2008.
- "Poverty Line Set Too Low." redwoodage.com. February 26, 2008.
- "Linking Good Child Care to Improved Economies." The Wall Street Journal Online.June 11, 2007.
- Press Conference Statement. California State Senate Aging & Long Term Care Public Hearing. Susan Smith, Director Californians for Economic Security. February
26, 2008. Sacramento, California.
Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative
California Elder Economic Security Initiative
2008 California Family Economic Self-Sufficiency Standard
National Network of Sector Partners