Listen to Anne and Jhumpa reflect on women’s leadership, truth telling, reframing economic security and more, as they share highs, lows, and the most promising ideas of 2018 in their annual year in review.
To listen to the full discussion, use the audio player above or subscribe to the Hidden Truths podcast on iTunes.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: https://ocasio2018.com/splash
- Clipped Wings Webinar: https://assetfunders.org/resource/clipped-wings-webinar/
- Hidden Truths Episode 17: Brandon Greene and Noe Gudiño
- San Francisco Office of Financial Justice: https://sftreasurer.org/financialjustice
- SSIR, “How Field Catalysts Galvanize Social Change”: https://ssir.org/articles/entry/field_catalysts
2018 was a tough, wild year…but from adversity comes strength to overturn the status quo and build power.
For their annual year in review, Anne Price and Jhumpa Bhattacharya took over the podcast to reflect on these extraordinary times and highlight a range of promising ideas, policies, and people who have risen above the tumult.
From Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and women’s leadership, to new understandings of economic security and criminal justice, Anne and Jhumpa discuss the power of truth telling, narrative change, and putting new perspectives into practice and the halls of power.
Looking back and ahead, the two Insight leaders reflected on groundbreaking policy wins around eliminating administrative criminal justice fees in California, and offered a sneak peek at upcoming Insight research on millennial women and wealth.
Anne and Jhumpa also discussed thinking big and sharing leadership as two women of color – and the real, persistent dangers of pushing for change as people coming from traditionally silenced and/or excluded communities.