The Insight Center invites you to join experts from Alliance for Justice (AFJ) on August 31st to learn about nonpartisan advocacy rights and responsibilities, as well as strategies for increasing the lobbying power of your organization.
The training will feature the United Way Bay Area (UWBA) Policy Team, who will share their organization best practices and helpful tools nonprofits can use to become advocacy savvy. After the training, you’ll not only know how to increase your lobbying power and nonpartisan advocacy, but you’ll also have access to a network of attorneys who can answer questions if you need continued support moving forward.
- Sara Matlin, Counsel, Bolder Advocacy Initiative, Alliance for Justice
- Amalia Chamorro, J.D., Vice President of Public Policy, United Way Bay Area
- Will White, MPP, Director of Policy and Government Affairs, United Way Bay Area
With this training, you’ll have a clear understanding of:
- 501(c)(3) organizations’ rights to lobby;
- Your annual lobbying limit;
- What does and doesn’t count as lobbying; and
- How to make the most of your lobbying power.
- This training also covers the federal tax law rules about nonpartisan activities for 501(c)(3)s, including how to:
- Advocate for your organization and your community in a nonpartisan way;
- Educate the public about the candidates and the issues at stake; and
- Engage your community members in voter registration, get-out-the-vote efforts, and other election activities.
Learn more and register by clicking here.