Listen to Anne Price and Jhumpa Bhattacharya reflect on the year’s challenges and accomplishments, and look ahead to the work to be done in 2018.
To listen to the full discussion, use the audio player above or subscribe to the Hidden Truths podcast on iTunes.
Anne Price, President of the Insight Center, and Jhumpa Bhattacharya, Director of Racial Equity and Strategy, joined each other on the podcast to reflect on the trials and accomplishments of 2017 and share their hopes for the Insight Center’s work to foster racial and economic justice in the year ahead.
Anne and Jhumpa discussed the major themes that emerged from their collaborative efforts this year, including the heightened importance of Insight’s work in today’s political climate in which issues of race and identity are shaping politics, government and public policy.
In this context, the duo discussed the importance of keeping the topic of race at the forefront of their ongoing work, stressing the need for more research, conversations, and insights to expose and explore the economic security injustices that people, particularly people of color, are currently up against.
Anne and Jhumpa also discussed how they will be expanding their knowledge to build on historical references to shape public thinking and inspire action to ensure that people and communities become and remain economically secure.
- “The Hidden Truth about Funding Black Led Organizations” Medium, Anne Price, published on April 3, 2017
- “Grassroots Organizing vs. Research: A False Dichotomy in Philanthropy” Medium, Anne Price, published on September 29, 2017
- “Where We Went Wrong with the Racial Wealth Gap” Medium, Anne Price, published on June 2, 2017
- Darrick Hamilton, Economist and Associate Professor at The New School
- Listen to Episode 5 of Hidden Truths featuring Darrick Hamilton
- Universal Basic Income
- Returning to the Promise of Full Employment: A Federal Job Guarantee in the United States, published on June 2017
- Self-Sufficiency Standard Tool for California
- The Recession Generation, the Racial Wealth Gap, and Restoring American Prosperity: A Visionary Agenda, published on March 2011